Bariatric surgery is defined as any surgical procedure performed on the stomach or intestines whose primary intention is to encourage weight loss. When the stomach is altered in some way, it requires dietary changes to support our body’s new physiology (i.e. functionality) with proper nutrition for our new body. For that reason, meal replacements are the ideal solution and this blog will focus on why.
First it’s important to understand the nutrients to focus on. The ASMBS (American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery) has established dietary protocols for patients pre- and post-surgery based on years of empirical, clinical and observational research. With respect to both major (i.e. macronutrients) and minor (micronutrients) nutrients, we must ensure that our bodies receive proper nutrition as to not become deficient and malnourished. Currently, in order of priority, recommendations are as follows:
- Protein is the most important nutrient and food group to consume.
- Next are fruits and vegetables.
- Micronutrients are next – these are your vitamins and minerals.
- Then water.
- Healthy fats from nuts and seeds.
- Lastly would be carbohydrate sources.
This is where meal replacements and shakes come into play and are our dietary best friend – and here at RKane Nutritionals providing the best nutrition is our utmost goal for each customer. It can be challenging and complicated to balance all of the above mentioned components. Also, with a smaller eating capacity it can be extra challenging to ensure you receive all the nourishment you need. So here are the reasons why our meal replacements and shakes are the ideal solution to support your healthy lifestyle and weight loss goals.
They’re High in Protein
- High protein meal replacements help you feel full throughout the day.
- High protein meal replacements curb late night appetites, supporting long-term weight loss goals and eliminating mindless eating.
- High protein meal replacements support and promote more lean body mass – this means a higher metabolism for you.
They Support Healthy Blood Sugars
- Each product provides a small meal high in protein to help aid in carbohydrate absorption and lower the glycemic index.
- Eating our products as part of several small meals encourages better blood sugar control.
- Our products are carbohydrate controlled
They’re Nutritious & Calorie Controlled
- All products are under 200 calories.
- All products can be used for 800, 1000 and 1200 calorie meal plans.
- All products are fortified with the right vitamins and minerals.
They’re Shelf Stable and Convenient
- There’s no refrigeration required.
- There’s never an excuse for not sticking to your plan – you can store a few backups in your car!
- Our products easily mix with water no matter where you are.
They’re Indulgent and Satisfying
- Pro•Cal is available in four flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry and Mocha.
- Z•Pro 25 is available in four flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry and Red Velvet.
- TinyMeal is available in two flavor: Peanut Butter Chocolate and Salted Caramel Chocolate.